Friday, October 26, 2012

Not all Republicans favor rapists

But all rapists, just like all racists, vote Republican. That's only the opinion of one rapist, though. Herewith, the darkest humor you -- certainly I -- have read this election cycle.

Hi! I’m a rapist. I’m one of those men who likes to force myself on women without their consent or desire and then batter them sexually. The details of how I do this are not particularly important at the moment — although I love when you try to make distinctions about “forcible rape” or “legitimate rape” because that gives me all sorts of wiggle room — but I will tell you one of the details about why I do it: I like to control women, and also and independently, I like to remind them how little control they have. There’s just something about making the point to a woman that her consent and her control of her own body is not relevant against the need for a man to possess that body and control it that just plain gets me off. A guy’s got needs, you know? And my need is for control. Sweet, sweet control.

So I want to take time out of my schedule to thank you for supporting my right to control a woman’s life, not just when I’m raping her, but for all the rest of her life as well.

You really need to read. the whole. thing.

We are swiftly headed toward a nation that prosecutes women for trying to end a rape pregnancy (or any other one for that matter). We are already one which prevents women -- by law in 31 states -- from denying visitation rights and even custody to the rape baby daddy.

Somebody needs to put The Handmaid's Tale into their Netflix queue.

If this conversation doesn't sway the undecided women who have swung Romney in recent weeks, then something is very wrong in this country. (I think it is swaying them, FWIW.)

Two years ago Republicans ran on jobs and governed on restricting women's reproductive rights. How does anyone think that's going to change in 2012?

Update: You think I'm exaggerating? Really?!

4 comments:

Greg said...

Perry, you are better than this. In posting such a disgusting piece, you lower yourself to the level of the level of a certain crude and buffoonish Democrat blogger who works at NASA (when he isn't on 180 day suspension for violating federal law).

Greg said...

I've got one other quick point that you probably were not aware of -- and am putting it in a separate comment because you probably won't let my earlier one through.

Yes, there are any number of states with flawed laws that make it possible for a rapist to retain parental rights and even seek custody. And you and I agree that they need to be changed (and it is likely they have not been because they are old and obscure statutes that few are aware of).

But did you know that it is also law in many states that a male victim of child sexual abuse who fathers a child can be forced to pay child support to the abuser if the abuse results in a pregnancy and the birth of a child -- and that even a criminal conviction does not relieve the victim of the obligation to pay or impact the custody of the child conceived under such circumstances?

I realize you made this post to score a few cheap political points -- but if you are really serious about the issue of justice for victims of sex crimes, then why not prove that you give a damn about all of them, regardless of gender?

PDiddie said...

That you would draw a false equivalency between rape and the payment of child support is demonstrative of how vile Republicans and conservatives can get in attempting to make an argument on this topic.

It's simply atrocious, and is exceptionally beneath your intelligence.

Greg said...

Did you really think this one through? You believe that male victims of sexual abuse should have to pay money each month to their abuser because the abuser exercised her choice to keep the child she got from abusing the boy? I guess that makes you "pro-abuse" and engaged in a war on child abuse victims.

Sick sick sick sick sick.