Sunday, August 30, 2026

"When All You Have is a Hammer" Toons


President Truculent has started another war he cannot win.


"If you lived in Texas, you'd be in the 'suspense' file now."


Bullies gonna bully. Note that Israel, by contrast, always picks a fight with an opponent it can easily crush. Like children with kites.
It's true; the centrists running the Democratic Party have chosen their November strategy, and it's to campaign against a podcaster. Even the GOP isn't this stupid. On the other hand, it's probably the most effective thing they could do to squander a blue wave, at least since 2024. And when they lose elections they should have easily won, their consultants will have still made bank, and the defeated will go home with fat, unspent campaign coffers. So ... status quo.
Oligarchy/plutocracy is bipartisan, folks. You didn't need me to tell you this.

Gosh I wonder why voting doesn't change anything.
Perhaps I should just trust our tech overlords with all my personal information -- every webpage I've clicked on, every photo I've ever uploaded, every comment, blog post, and email I've ever written, and now everywhere I drive in my car and go with my cellphone. I've never done anything wrong. And I cartainly don't want to be accused of being a Luddite.


After all, it will be a longer while yet before the robots replace Olympic athletes.


Two of our most beloved cultural icons transitioned this past week.

No comments: