Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday Evening Funnies: Free Speech (mostly)

I saw a few toons while wrangling my collection this week that paid emphasis to this point below.

"The Left" here is what I and others refer to as ShitLibs.  They're Triple-D Democrats with a Ukrainian flag and a sunflower in their social media bios (ironic because that's long been the US Green Party's logo), but they're blind to the Israeli government's atrocities in Jerusalem and the West Bank.  They're irritated about Joe Biden's miserable polling, especially among their children and grandchildren, and simply don't understand why they can't find good-paying jobs with benefits in the president's booming economy.  'Booming', that is, before the supply chain disruptions exacerbated by two years of a global pandemic, and more recently the war and the price of gas and the worsening inflation.  All Putin's fault, as we know.

Amazon unions?  Is that why my Prime went up again?  Are the Republicans still talking about Hunter's laptop, or is it Tucker's nuts this week?

(So do folks like these populate your feeds despite your best efforts to ignore, mute, block, and scroll very fast past?  Why, yes, PDid, they sure do.)

I think I can almost see this from a conservative's POV.  Oops, no.  Lost it.  I will grant you that the Republicans are a lot better at this; they're masters of communication.  Goebbels Lite, with hundreds of thousands of keyboard warriors  typing monkeys waiting for the command.
It's not the heat, it's the hypocrisy.

Okay I'm done. End of rant.

No comments: