Thursday, April 07, 2022

"Get on the Bus, Greg" Wrangle


There's forty-nine more ways to get rid of Governor Helen Wheels.


Yes, our state media is waking up to the manipulation.  Performative actions designed to manufacture outrage among the white conservative base is a page out of Dan Patrick's playbook.


Despite all of these stunts and the underlying hypocrisy, don't put your hopes on Beto no matter what that Texas Lyceum poll said.


I am sorry to report that Texas Democrats are going to fail you miserably this cycle.


Even Blue Dog Kuff broke the Eleventh Commandment on Vela. The latest epic fails of Harris County elected and appointed officials?  Not so much.


I'm so old I remember when Noriega was picked by Markos Moulitsas to be the Dems' candidate to post up against Cornyn in 2006.  He was still married to Melissa and just a lieutenant colonel in the Guard then.  So yeah, lotta things have changed.  Speaking of the troops:


I have a few more things to post about Abbott.


"This exact issue" could get Beto -- and Democrats who run strongly on it -- elected.  There are lots of Republicans and Libertarians who would vote for a Democrat who was out, loud, and proud about legalization.  Or decriminalization.  Or just advancing medical cannabis.  O'Rourke and others have voiced support, but IMHO it's their most important campaign plank.  More than the power grid, more than women's reproductive rights, more even than voting rights.  No single issue has the potential of swinging more votes their way than legalizing cannabis.

But it doesn't matter to me; I won't be voting for him anyway.


That's my segue to a few climate updates (since Tuesday).


I'll hold some of the social injustice tweets for tomorrow (they're unpleasant).  It will be another beautiful weekend across the state with lots of fun things to do outside, so go do some of them.  Today's Opening Day and I have baseball on my mind.  Here's a few blasts from the Astros' past.

No comments: