Wednesday, February 23, 2022

TXGOP Behaving as Badly as Can Be for Primary Votes


The shitshow circus came to town.


Beginning today with the ridiculousness of those who seek to be our representatives in Washington in the House of the People.  See if you can spot the irony that Chip Roy cannot.


Yes, we're eaten up with stupid down here in Deep-In-The-Hearta.  Some folks say it's because we don't vote.  I say it's because the wrong folks do.


When I started this Wrangle, Dan Patrick was the state's worst offender among his foul, rotten ilk.  (My, how quickly things change.)  The Beast thinks Patrick's mail ballot shenanigans are as likely to have affected his party's voters as they have the Donks.  That's possible, but I doubt whether he cares.   Fucking with people and things is what he does, be it friend, foe, or someone/something in-between.


Lots of insiders speaking off the record in that story.


But did he have a bad week?  I suppose it remains to be seen.

I'll have to go longer on Governor Helen Wheels and Attorney General Lazy Eye in another post because they have disgraced themselves further even since I began to compile this one.


"You know what, we have a pretty good governor down here in Greg Abbott," Nugent says in the short video shared on West's Twitter. "I worked hard to get him elected. But if you were a pretty good bass player you couldn't be in my band. Pretty good doesn't cut it."

[...]

Stephen Willeford, an NRA firearm training instructor who shot the Sutherland Springs church shooter in 2017, also announced his endorsement of West this week. “His beliefs regarding the constitution, gun rights, border policy, and fiscal conservatism are the values that will continue to guide Texas in the right direction,” Willeford said in a statement released Tuesday.


And last, the local yokels.


I have more to add but not the will to do so.  Social justice, environmental, and calm-me-downs are in the queue.

No comments: