Sunday, April 15, 2007

Frost on the postpourri

in April?

-- The guy who got Pipped by Jackie Robinson lives in Houston. (The link is not working at this posting. When the Chron fixes it, I'll note it here.) (Link fixed.) He got shafted by Branch Rickey but doesn't hold a grudge. This is another great story about the old school and baseball.

-- The fried chicken that saved New Orleans. I can't wait to eat it soon.

-- Brian Williams on blogging:

“You’re going to be up against people who have an opinion, a modem, and a bathrobe. All of my life, developing credentials to cover my field of work, and now I’m up against a guy named Vinny in an efficiency apartment in the Bronx who hasn’t left the efficiency apartment in two years.”


That sounds like the Vinny I know. It also sounds like Angie, rachel, Claude, and about a dozen other aliases he/she uses. And if Vinny is providing better information than Williams, what does that say about them? And NBC?

Here's an idea, Brian: do your job so we bloggers don't have to.

And for Jeebus' sake, who actually blogs in a bathrobe? I always go al fresco.

-- The Blogger's Code of Ethics just isn't for me, either.

-- The Price is Right Wing, with Tucker Carlson!

-- A dirty hippie blogs from Baghdad. Here's her blog. Thanks to the Lone Star Iconoclast for making sure the truth gets told, like always.

No comments: