Wednesday, March 23, 2005

One of my favorite times of the year

...and not just because everything's greening out.

No, the true joy I feel is related to college hoops, MLB spring training, golf tournaments, and the NBA push for the playoffs.

Last night the Rockets threw a net around Shaquille O'Neal and the Heat, the best team in the East and derailed their 12-game winning streak. That capped a couple of weeks of dominance over their Western conference opponents -- except for the Timberwolves. That hiccup aside, the Rockets seem to be peaking at the right time; I think they could go far in the playoffs, especially if some key cogs on their rivals stay injured (Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, etc.)

I'm still favoring one of those Tobacco Roaders -- UNC, Duke, or Kentuckaay --for the NCAA championship. Though it's nice to see Bob Knight having another little moment. I really think that guy has mellowed out at last.

I also like Ezeqiuel Estacio for the fifth spot in the Astros rotation and Willy Taveras in center. Now rather than later, please, Phil Garner. And maybe go ahead and get Bobby Higginson.

The Shell Houston Open is next month and I already have my tickets. And a few opportunities to play on the board.

Hope you're enjoying your spring as much as I am.

No comments: