Sunday, August 25, 2024

Joy Hangover Funnies

Felt like a disconnect this past week.

Just me? The Blues got way too happy and the Reds got even more chapped than usual. It's a bipolar country ... but no matter how screechy they get about it, it's still not a binary choice.


More commies at the end of this post. I was hoping for some good brain worms toons; maybe next week. The confab was not one I watched because I don't do sugar highs any more (living 20 years with diabetes will do that to a body). Still couldn't resist tuning in to the Xitter meltdown, which was revealing if disconcertingly Orwellian.


The rainbow wristband accessory is the entire HGLBT Caucus. Okay, maybe not all of it but way too much of it *coughAnniseParker*cough*


(You know Parker's going to challenge Lina Hidalgo in '26, right? And Adrian Garcia and Lesley Briones will endorse the challenger. Right?)

Anyway. I hate the local Donks. Mostly. Thank you and big ups to CMs Tiffany Taylor and Leticia Plummer for being the noteworthy exceptions.

Back in Chicago it didn't look like a very big tent unless you were a Republican or a war monger. But I repeat myself.


With a bit more than 60 days to Election Day and some weird twists and turns already behind us, it would be foolish to think that Kamala is just going to glide into the Oval with no published policies, no press conferences, and one or two debates with a flailing, wailing, even-more-unhinged-than-regular Trump. She could still blow this.

Bookmark so you can come back and laugh at me if I'm wrong, like eight years ago.


Save the orcas, hug a tree, stop the wars, either tax the billionaires or barbecue them, and FFS don't let them silence the cartoonists.

No comments: