Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Completely Broken Wrangle


Everything (including me).  I simply don't think I'll be able to ease back into blogging this week after last night.


It didn't feel shocking to me, but I do get that shitlibs have to have something to be outraged about on a regular basis (just like MAGAts).  Not a fresh outrage, mind you; a recycled one will do just fine, as long as it scratches open all their scabs.


I really expected more carping at Susan Sarandon, although I did see a lot of crap dumped on Nina Turner, whose Ohio congressional rematch with what's-her-neolib-face culminates today.  It's just more proof to me that if you can't understand the role of people like Mitch McConnell and Susan Collins in the process, then -- as with Ukraine and the Nazis in the Azov battallion -- you can't figure out who your real enemies are.  And that appears to be a generational problem for Democrats at this point, not just a cyclical one.


There is no way that I, or anyone like me, is going to be insulted, or threatened, or scared into voting blue in '22.  That ship has sailed.

Let's see what slid down the memory hole over the past week.


Another $50 million.  But get the base to ante up for the buses to DC (and Delaware), and break the state and nation's economy some more.  Sounds like a winning platform.

Is our climate broken?  Is our response to the apocalypse broken?


I did find one spot of good news.


I'll go easy on our bad-behaving Texpols.  Wait; no I won't.


To paraphrase Alice Cooper: school's almost out for summer, but teachers and books still matter.


I also have way too many instances of the cops -- and their lurid assortment of enablers -- acting like criminals again.


Again, there's a bright spot amidst this darkness.


And in labor news, the media is fighting back.


So I'll segue into the calm-me-downs with a promise to be more active here this week in spite of the horrors everywhere I look.

No comments: