Monday, October 05, 2020

More Wrangling from Far Left Texas


Socratic Gadfly has semi-regularly split off coronavirus news from other items in his version of the weekly Texas Progressives Roundup.  So with a very long first edition posted earlier today, I did the same with my collation of COVID stories, as well as police abuse/reform and other social justice Tweets and news.

Before we get to those ... today is #WorldTeachersDay, and they deserve our everlasting gratitude for all that they do and all that they endure.


And that's my segue.

Gadfly tackled COVID political tribalism coming from multiple sides and called ALL of it out.


Before moving to Black Lives Matter and other racial justice items, here's a few Indigenous stories that made news last week.


And unfortunately I have saved the worst for next-to-last.


Grits for Breakfast is up to part three in his review of Sylvester Turner's policing task force proposals, reminding us that meaningful police reform is far too long a haul.  Alice Embree at The Rag Blog writes about the racist and sexist roots of the Electoral College.  And with respect to "unrest", there's plenty of it making the rounds already.


So as I like to do, here's some Tweets that gave me a little happiness this past week and I pass them on to you in hopes that they bring you the same.

No comments: