Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pontificating


To pontificate is to talk in a dogmatic and pompous manner. To pontificate properly, you need to be a know-it-all with very strong opinions and the urge to share them.

I obviously fit the bill.

As the Cardinals go on techno-lockdown to pick from amongst themselves a leader to guide the Church away from the shoals of misfortune, bad judgment, and pertinacious thinking that brought them to this moment in history, I have to say that I will be marginally encouraged if they choose a non-European (but not an American. That would demonstrate more enabling behavior, IMO).

Try out the Pontifficator here, before we get the holy smoke. I couldn't find this guy among the photos, spring break or otherwise. And I'm thinking this guy deserves to win on the strength of his headgear alone.

Update (3/13/13): Habemus Papam Franciscum.

No comments: